- Telephone: 01273 523151 or 696955 Extension 3151
- Fax: 01273 523133
- Consultants: Miss Nicola Johnson, Miss Carmel Slipper
- Lead Dental Nurse: Teresa Reed
- Dental Nurses: Stacey Dray, Jennifer Johns, Gabriella Silver
The department of orthodontics and paediatric dentistry has three fully equipped dental treatment rooms, as well as a maxillofacial and orthodontic laboratory. All laboratory work is conducted in house.
The key areas of provision are:
- Consultant advice: specialist advice for patients referred from primary care dental services, and also from other consultants.
- Consultant led treatment: treatment for patients with severe or complex malocclusions, and those requiring joint care from paediatric and restorative dental consultants, cleft surgery consultants and consultants in oral and maxillofacial surgery
The following joint clinics are held:
- Twice monthly clinics with Paediatric Dentistry in oral and maxillofacial surgery for patients with severe skeletal problems or complex dental anomalies
- Monthly combined cleft clinics with the South Thames cleft team
Paediatric Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
There is a weekly operating list, with cases ranging from orthodontic surgical procedures, maxillofacial trauma, soft tissue lesions, salivary gland surgery, tumour excision, congenital conditions and the management of facial deformity. There are also joint monthly clinics with the Department of Paediatric Dentistry, as well as an on-call service for the management of paediatric facial lacerations, trauma and avulsed and subluxed teeth.