WHAT WE DO:
The Paediatric Psychological Support Service provides emotional and psychological advice and therapeutic support to children, young people, and families who attend the Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital. We offer a range of support including:
- Parent drop-in session – parents can access informal face-to-face advice and support via our weekly parent drop-in sessions Mondays 10am-11am (term time only) on Level 7 at the RACH. We can provide immediate one-to-one support and ideas, a range of self-help materials, information on how to access counselling and support services for children and young people in your local area, and a listening ear.
- Therapy & Support for Individuals and Families – our team provides therapeutic support to children, young people and families.
- Workshops for children, young people & parents– we provide a range of workshops designed especially for children, young people & parents. Previous topics include:
- Relaxation Skills for children
- Mindfulness & Yoga for young people coping with pain, stress & illness
- Tree of Life – creative arts workshop for young people
- Woodland Wellbeing Days – we have partnered with Wild Wood Fun to offer creative, fun outdoor workshops for children with long term physical health conditions
- Group work – we offer a number of therapeutic groups for young people with chronic physical health challenges. Please contact us for more information. Our current groups are:
- Mindfulness for young people (14-18yrs) living with pain, stress & illness an 8-week MBSR course (Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital). Mondays 4.30pm-5.45pm.
- Art Therapy Group for young people (13-18yrs) at the Royal Alexandra Children Hospital. Wednesdays 4.30pm-6pm. “The group offers emotional and social support and enables young people to tell their story using art materials: and to explore and share experiences and difficulties living with illness” (Saskia, Art Therapist).
- Yoga Group for young people (11-16yrs). Tuesdays 10.30am-11.45am.
WHO WE ARE:
- Dr Lana Jackson (Senior Clinical Psychologist)
- Charlotte Savins (Arts Psychotherapist)
- Saskia Neary (Arts Psychotherapist & Yoga Teacher)
- Dr Maitridhara Goodridge (Senior Clinical Psychologist for Chronic Fatigue/M.E. Service)
- Dr Sally Clarke (Clinical Psychologist for Cystic Fibrosis Service)
- Edward Mundy (Trainee Clinical Psychologist)
- Emma Cornwell (Psychology Undergraduate Placement Student)
For a referral to the Paediatric Psychological Support Service please speak to you Consultant Paediatrician or another member of your healthcare team.
Or young people and parents can contact us directly on: 01273 696955 ext. 2374/2446