WHAT WE DO:
The Paediatric Psychological Support Service provides emotional and psychological advice and therapeutic support to children, young people, and families who attend the Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital. We offer a range of support including:
- Therapy & Support for Individuals and Families – our team provides therapeutic support to children, young people and families.
- Workshops for children, young people & parents– we provide a range of workshops designed especially for children, young people & parents. Previous topics include:
- Relaxation Skills for children
- Mindfulness & Yoga for young people coping with pain, stress & illness
- Tree of Life – creative arts workshop for young people
- Woodland Wellbeing Days – we have partnered with Wild Wood Fun to offer creative, fun outdoor workshops for children with long term physical health conditions
- Group work – we offer a number of therapeutic groups for young people with chronic physical health challenges. Please contact us for more information. Our current groups are:
- Art Therapy Group for young people (13-18yrs) at the Royal Alexandra Children Hospital, funded by Rockinghorse Charity. Wednesdays 4.30pm-6pm. “The group offers emotional and social support and enables young people to tell their story using art materials: and to explore and share experiences and difficulties living with illness” (Saskia, Art Therapist). For more information contact Saskia Neary.
- Yoga Group for young people (11-16yrs), funded by Rockinghorse Charity. Tuesdays 10.30am-11.45am. For more information contact Saskia Neary.
- Mindfulness for young people (14-18yrs) living with pain, stress & illness an 8-week MBSR course (Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital).
WHO WE ARE:
- Dr Lana Jackson (Senior Clinical Psychologist)
- Charlotte Savins (Arts Psychotherapist)
- Jo Bullen (Family & Systemic Psychotherapist/ Occupational Therapist)
- Saskia Neary (Arts Psychotherapist & Yoga Teacher)
- Dr Ruth Kendall (Senior Clinical Psychologist for Function First)
- Dr Emma Adams (Clinical Psychologist for Function First)
- Dr Sally Clarke (Clinical Psychologist for Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis)
- Dr Alice Emond (Senior Clinical Psychologist for Paediatric Oncology)
- Dr Alice Alberici (Clinical Psychologist for Paediatric Diabetes)
- Sarah Kalmus-Hoye (Psychology Undergraduate Placement Student)
- Katherine Armstrong (Administrator for Paediatric Psychological Support Service and Function First)
For a referral to the Paediatric Psychological Support Service please speak to your Consultant Paediatrician or another member of your healthcare team.
Or young people and parents can contact our team administrator Katherine Armstrong on: Telephone: 01273 696955 ext. 2372 Email: email@example.com